Website panels and dashboards are quite popular tools with which you can manage the hosting page. It is essentially the door to your administrative pages. Our article covers 2 admin page finder tools and teaches you how to find a website admin login page that may otherwise be hidden from the public online.
All of this can be done by logging in to the server directly but for this, you need to have some development knowledge. Your one mistake can break the entire site. Plus web panels are intuitive, simple and save time.
Today on the web we can find many panels but keep in mind that they vary in design and features and some follow strict secure coding guidelines to keep their panel secure!
5 Most Used Website Admin Panels and CMS
cPanel and WHM
It works only on the Linus Operating system and is very popular among users. the best thing is that it has both GUI and server management interface via Web Host Manager. You are able to manage your site easily and from any one of them as both works together. If you are a newbie or a developer it is best if you prefer a console rather than an eye-catching design.
It comes with many new yet unique features and can be found on one page which is comfortable as it does not require you to click on different menus to get where you need. Moreover, you shall find descriptions with all the functions indicating what they are capable of doing. You have the choice to create anything you want in just a few clicks.
Some notable features include:
- Domain name settings, registration and transfer.
- Performs creation and management of email, manages spam filters, auto-responders as well as setup of email forwarders.
- Visitor and error logs.
- Performs database creation and management.
- Comes with some security features like IP blockers, leech protection as well as directories that are protected by passcodes.
- Server performance monitoring.
- Comes with backup creation and automation.
- It has many third-party applications and tools to extend functions.
It is based on Linux and is used among Eastern European hosting companies. It is simple with a basic design but all this does not make is less comfortable.
It has two versions; Lite and Business. The former can be used for web-server management, creating users with different levels of access, importing data from remote servers and much more. This is the reason why it is being used for both dedicated and virtual private servers. Where if we talk about the latter then it is great for shared or reseller hosting as it allows to manage different servers and easily create as well as manage user accounts.
This has been designed by the Hostinger team, especially for their clients. You can find this for Linux distros. Keep in mind that it can be used for shared hosting only.
It is similar in looks to cPanel but more comfortable. Like, though all options are present on the front page when you make a selection for anyone, a side menu appears on the left side. Therefore, it shall be a lot easier to navigate between different sections.
The best thing is that it has all the basic functions like domain and email management, DNS zone editor, file and database manager and much more.
If you are concerned regarding security then don’t worry as you can manage it easily: set up passcodes for directories, block IPs as well as configure hotlink protection. Moreover, you are able to manage all products in just one panel. Like you can view the history of payments made, buy new hosting packages and upgrade them as well.
It can be found for all UNIX systems including but not limited to BSD systems, all Linux and Solaris systems. But don’t worry as it is partially available for the Windows operating system as well which means you can get this on windows as well but keep in mind that it shall not provide you with all the functions.
You can say that its design is not that simple or user-friendly but can be customized. Like it comes with an Apache web server which can be used to configure Apache directories as well as features. Moreover, its developers have created many panels which are based on Webmin cPanel in order to match different purposes and types of hosting:
- Usermin: it is a web interface that is used to manage mails, set up mail filters, passcodes, and much more.
- Cloudmin: is a user interface that is used to manage virtual servers.
- Virtualmin: it is used to manage different virtual hosts such as Plesk.
Though it might not provide comfort and ease compared to other options on the list yes it comes in free and can be installed easily on all the major operating systems.
You can find this one for Linux and BSD systems. It is easy, fast and one of the most stable panels present on the list. It has quite a user-friendly interface plus it’s easy on the pocket as well.
You shall all options present on the top available in categories. The best part is that it provides support to different access levels such as Administrator, User and Reseller. Moreover, it has in-built anti-spam tools. You can view the complete usage stats of each resource.
So to put the long story short it has many features for you like DNS management, database creation, and management, reseller account creation and management, backup creation, file management and much more. One thing which is on the top is its simplicity which means you don’t need to have too much technical knowledge to understand and use it.
2 Ways To Find Hidden Website Admin Login page and panel with Admin-Scanner and Cangibrina
1. Admin-Scanner Tool
It is an automated python language script with which you are able to detect admin pages on the targeted domain. If you are a hacker and trying hard to penetrate the domain then such pages can help you out for sure. If you find any admin page which is misconfigured then what you can do is easily be the domain administrator and make desired changes. It provides you with wordlists that are brute-forced on the target domain in order to detect admin pages.
Features of Admin-Scanner:
- It is open-source. This is good as you can see the code itself.
- Comes in free.
- An automated tool that is used to find admin pages.
- Comes with a feature to both customize and use wordlists.
- It comes with a feature to set the value of the thread for efficient use.
To Install Admin-Scanner on Linux or Kali:
You first need to see the Python environment has been established or not. For this use the following command:
[email protected]:~# Python
- Then you need to fire up the Kali Linux terminal and head toward the desktop.
- When on the desktop you need to create a new directory which is known as Admin-Scanner by using the following command.
[email protected]:~# Mkdir Admin-Scanner
- After this you need to switch to Admin-Scanner directing by using the command below:
[email protected]:~# Cd admin-scanner
- To install the tool you need to clone it from Github
[email protected]:~# Git clone https://github.com/alienwhatever/Admin-Scanner.git
- The tool shall be downloaded in the Admin-Scanner directory successfully.
- You shall see that a new directory has been created of the tool which has been generated during the process of installation. Now go into that directory.
- Use the following command to discover the contents of the tool:
- We are completed with the process of installation, use the following command to view the help index of the tool.
[email protected]:~# Python3 scan.py –site https://ninja-ide.org/
In this what we are doing is deleting admin panels on a single target domain which those who don’t know is ninja-ide.org. You can also try with the (-t) switch to add time delays.
If you get the message saying access is denied then it means access is only with the administrator.
Remember, you can always adapt and edit the .py script using any free code editor. You may need to update the libraries further down the line if needed.
This is an automated script that is developed in python language and brute-forces works and is able to detect the dashboards of admin on the target domain server. Moreover, you can also make the search for panels by using google which is provided in the tool. It is both open-source and comes free.
To install Cangibrina on Linux or Kali follow below:
- For this you need to install the tool in Kali Linux by using the following command:
[email protected]:~# Git clone https://github.com/fnk0c/cangibrina.git
- Next, move into the directory of the tool to run it:
[email protected]:~# cd Cangibrina
- Install dependency using the following command:
[email protected]:~# apt-get install –r requirements.txt
- To run the tool and check out the help section use the following command:
[email protected]:~# cangibrina.py –h
[email protected]:~# Python3 cangibrina.py –u ninja-ide.org
This tutorial’s main focus was showing you different methods on how to find hidden website admin pages and panels. We go further to explain to you the current dashboards available including cPanel and WHM and others. Cangibrina and Admin-scanner are great admin page finder tools you can utilize for reconnaissance reasons.