Following the double dragon philosophy, we provide you with a double chance of helping in the development of Ninja-IDE.
Help with our finances
That’s right, you can have the privilege of saying: “hey, random-coding-partner-that-I-try-to-ignore-at-work-every-time-I-can-but-we-are-both-now-stuck-in-this-elevator, did you know that THIS Ninja-IDE feature exists because of me? Yes, I donated ONE TRILLION DOLLARS to the cause and I’m feeling awesome”.
Well, for getting you to that situation (we’ll forget the elevator step for now), we give you 2 options:
- Donation via PayPal or Flattr. It’s easy, just click on any of the buttons in the footer of this page. Get me there now!
- Buying some of our custom designs available in the Zazzle store. By buying our staff there, you get an excellent Ninja-IDE customized product AND you are helping Ninja-IDE with a percentage of the purchase. Double ninja-win!
Help with the code
As with any open source project, there are several ways you can help:
- Join the mailing list and answer other users’ questions.
- Report bugs, feature requests and other issues in the issue tracking system.
- Submit patches to reported issues (both those you find, or that others have filed)
- Help with the documentation by pointing out areas that are lacking or unclear, and if you are so inclined, submitting patches to correct them. You can quickly contribute rough thoughts to the wiki, or you can volunteer to help collate and organize information that is already there.
- You can impress your friends with an awesome Ninja-IDE T-Shirt or any other of our excellent Ninja products brought to you by Zazzle. You can find a tee for you or to send as gift here –> zazzle).
Your participation in the community is much appreciated!
Areas you can contribute
Whether you’re a programmer or not, you can contribute in many areas with NINJA IDE:
- You can translate the application into your language.
- You can make a plugin with some functionality that comes to mind.
- You can donate money to the project.
- You can make a package for your platform (GNU / Linux, Windows, MacOS).
- You can contribute to add more Ninja-IDE Features or even custom plugins to increase compatibility.
Why Would I Want to Help?
There are several reasons, these are some of them:
- By answering other people’s questions, you can learn more for yourself.
- By submitting your own fixes, they get incorporated faster.
- By reporting issues, you ensure that bugs don’t get missed, or forgotten.
- You are giving back to a community that has given you software for free.
You can join us
You can submit patches or new features in order to be invited to join the project as a committer.
NOTE: As this site is now not run by the official authors, we can only accept donations for the domain renewal and hosting. For project-related donations please reach out on the official GitHub page.